Researching & Teaching abroad

Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
The Foundation promotes and supports a great variety of academic endeavors and research projects and addresses young researchers from all disciplines and of all nationalities. It supports research stays in Germany and abroad, individual projects and the establishment of new research groups.

Fulbright Commission (in German only)
With the provision of travel grants, the Fulbright Commission supports the development and deepening of contacts between German and American universities and research institutes. The support is aimed at promoted scientists who plan to spend at least three months teaching or research at a scientific institution in the USA.

Gutenberg Teaching Council (GTC)
The GTC offers all full-time teaching staff at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (JGU), and especially young researchers, the opportunity to gain teaching experience at another university, preferably a foreign university.

DAAD scholarships and funding programs
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers junior professors different funding options for teaching activities or special research projects in a foreign country. Requirements vary according to the respective program.